I gutted my first fish this week, a task I don't think I will be repeating again.
My boyfriend and I decided to try something new, since neither of us have had access to a stove for the past six months. Heading down to our local Fiesta we picked up a lovely whole Mackerel and headed home. Neither of us thought about asking the kind gentleman behind the counter to gut it for us.
Alas, home we went to a bloody mess. I have never had to know how to gut a fish before, thank heavens for YouTube. I watched a video, and got down to business. I think I actually did a really good job despite the fact that I had fish blood all over me and was about ready to faint. Thankfully my man swooped in to save me and cut the head off and cleaned it all up. After the blood was washed away, and Ben stopped playing with the fish head. We were ready to prep and cook this lovely Mackerel.
-B&Ks Divine Mackerel Recipe-
1. Slice the fish so it splays out like a butterfly.
2. Slice one lemon and put the slices into the fish cavity, along with lots of butter.
3. Add fresh rosemary, parsley, Oregano, and a little thyme.
4. Fold the fish back together and wrap with foil. (Form a totally sealed parcel)
5. Throw in the oven at 400 and cook until the fish flakes easily.
I hope that you guys enjoy this as much as we did. Pair it with rice and a lovely salad for a nice light meal.