Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Scrumdiddlyumptious Rolls

So its confession time....

I have a deep dark secret love, that very few people know....

And it's time to get it out and into the open....

Alright here goes....

I LOVE BREAD!
There I said it. I love bread, in all its wondrous forms. Wheat, White, savory, sweet, flat, round, and loaf.  I love them all, and once more I love them all plain. Yes plain with nothing on. No jam, no butter, no cheese, no ham. Yes, I know I am weird, you dont have to tell me that. (my husband does that for me at least once a day)

Unfortunately for me, and my bread loving self, I live in a country that doesn't know the first thing about making proper bread. I come from a country that, get this, bread molds if you have it for too long. Wow. Is that not astonishing? Can any of you say that about a loaf of wonderbread? or any other form of the foam rubber that is sold in american super markets?

Even more unfortunately, my track record with attempting to make bread is a very bad one. So far all I have been able to turn out is loaves of dense bread like tasting bricks. That being said I am still not deterred. I keep trying, and failing, and trying again. I figure one of these days my persistence will yield a light fluffy delicious loaf.... or roll... or something edible.

A few days ago while looking though one of my favorite blogs Sprinkles of Parsley, I ran across a recipe for dinner rolls that sounded super yummy, and seemed doable (even for me). So I rolled up my sleeves and gave it a try today. They just came out of the oven and....

Oh my word~

They are scrumptious, easy to make, and difficult to mess up (Heck I made them, they have to be foolproof)

Everyone needs to pop over to Sprinkles of Parsley and try out the recipe for Easy Buttery Dinner Rolls. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Farewell, and Enjoy!


After thoughts:

Well I love them, but my husband and his picky self have declared that he does not. He describes them as doughey... SO I guess to each his own. Try em out and see what you think!

2 comments:

Marion said...

Ok, I am going to try that link and will give it a go. Have you tried my sour dough bread yet? Worth it, even a bread 'duffer' like yourself should get it right!!

Sonny and Son Emporium said...

Wow, Kezia these look like they would be really good. I just saw this post, will have to try them!