Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

How many ways can you cook a chicken?

I find that I run out of new ideas on how to keep the same ingredients exciting.  Most weeks I go through the same routine, and after a while I must say it gets quite boring. Tonight was one of those nights when I looked in the freezer and said "Oh, great chicken again". Instead of doing my regular baked chicken with roasted root veg, I decided to try a new variation of them both. So out of my cooking boredom I give you my One-Dish Rosemary Lemon Chicken. 

-One-Dish Rosemary Lemon Chicken-

Feeds 4

Ingredients:
4 large carrots
2 garlic bulbs (peeled and separated into cloves)
4 chicken thighs (Skin on)
1 Lemon
Thyme 
Rosemary
Olive Oil
Sweet White Wine


Preheat oven to 300. 
1. In a roasting dish place chicken skin side up. Slice carrots and place them into the same dish along with the garlic cloves. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken.


2.Sprinkle on a generous amount of thyme and rosemary, and add a slight drizzle of olive oil. Pour a little white wine into the pan, about half a cup.


3. Cover the dish with tin foil and place it into the oven. Bake this way for about 45 minutes.  


4. Turn the oven up to 400 and remove the foil. Let the dish roast for about 30 minutes until the chicken is crispy, and the garlic has caramelized. 

Serve with rice, and use the drippings from the pan for a delicious gravy. 


1 comment:

Sandra said...

I love rosemary lemon chicken..yours sounds amazingly delicious!